Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Breeding & Genetics
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 07:30 PM  
Seasoned

Send a message via AIM to Thunderz Gurlz Send a message via Yahoo to Thunderz Gurlz
WOW! What a pretty mare! I dont know anything about colors gentics or anything.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:21 PM  
Yearling Member

Yes, Khartoon Khlassic produces alot of color [white] but you might want to consider HG Esquire. Khartoon is classically a western horse. If you want to stay with Sporthorse types, he's consistently placing on the national level in sporthorse and they are branching out into 1/2 arabs. PLUS she now offers a 100% guarantee that if you don't like the resulting baby, quality wise I think you get your money back or get another breeding at NO additional charge. You'd have to check with Denise for details.

He is not as loudly marked as Khartoon but he is sabino and has produced it. Denise is a great person and bends over backwards for everyone.

"E" is a Khemo grandson so they're related. Here is Gainey Cornerstone Arabians website. http://www.gaineyarabian.com/ Good luck in your quest.

I have a beautiful PB Sabino arabian stallion but have not had the money to promote him. There are pics of him on meet the horses, his name is Magnum Spatz. He is more western/hunter type too.

Last edited by eclectic : 12-11-2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:26 PM  
Weanling Member

Send a message via AIM to bittersweethorsefarm
ad for a maximum white sabino arabian stallion

http://www.equinehits.com/horses-for-sale/horse-176995

That ad is old (2007 year I think ), but I am certain he is still owned by them or at least can direct you to the new owners for breeding. They also stood two other high color sabino arabian stallions.

I'd say he'd be a nice cross with your gorgeous mare.
Old 12-11-2008, 06:16 PM  
Pasture Pet

Well you have a plan and a goal. go with it.
The mare is beautiful and the Stallion is handsome.
I do wish you luck and keep us posted on your progress with these two,.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:56 PM  
Yearling Member

The pictures of the TB mare aren't working for me All this take about everyone drooling over her, i'm DIEING to see!

One who believes that he has conquered the art of riding, has not yet begun to master the art of dressage.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:02 PM  
Weanling Member

well - isnt THAT a bummer!

if you go to:

http://www.angelfire.com/on3/TrueCol...m/Chamois.html

and:

http://www.angelfire.com/on3/TrueCol...dersaddle.html

and:

http://www.angelfire.com/on3/TrueCol...is07-jump.html

and:

http://www.angelfire.com/on3/TrueCol...Chamois07.html

you can see a bunch of them there ...
Breeders of unique coloured TB's & Sport Horses & standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion-CSHA approved & also standing Panoramic - 17.1hh black sabino TB stallion - both AQHA, APHA & AphC listed!

www.TrueColoursFarm.com
Old 12-13-2008, 04:07 AM  
Started

Arabs aren't supposed to be tall, thats part of their strength. Why the desire to change something that works so perfectly?

That being said I have a Khemo Arab cross who's just slightly under 16hh. It can happen.

Perhaps we with EDS are like race horses - one of the old traditions was to 'handicap' the greatest horses so that they would not run away from the pack. They would pile on lead weights, whatever was needed to get up to the amount of weight the handicapper said they should carry. We're handicapped because otherwise the world could not keep up with us
Old 12-13-2008, 09:28 AM  
Weanling Member

Quote:
Arabs aren't supposed to be tall, thats part of their strength. Why the desire to change something that works so perfectly?
And I am not.

I am looking to produce an ANGLO Arab that is over 16hh (hopefully a filly!) that I can then breed to a refined WB stallion

The Anglo is a proven cross that works. I am simply adding in the components of dilute colouring and sabino markings to the equation.

Hopefully ...
Breeders of unique coloured TB's & Sport Horses & standing Guaranteed Gold - 16.1hh cremello TB stallion-CSHA approved & also standing Panoramic - 17.1hh black sabino TB stallion - both AQHA, APHA & AphC listed!

www.TrueColoursFarm.com
Old 12-16-2008, 07:48 AM  
Greenbroke Member

Send a message via MSN to Kahlua_Twist
Funny you are thinking of doing such a thing - was hoping to breed my TB mare (16.1hh though) to an Arab in 2009! Either that or Miracle Chip (AphC) which is my first choice... I didn't quite have the colour goal that you do, but I did have HG Esquire in mind. I like Khartoon Klassic a lot, but honestly like HG better as a sporthorse sire. Whichever you decide, I'm sure it will be a lovely outcome!
Old 01-04-2009, 07:19 PM  
Weanling Member

A BIG Thank you guys!

I just happened across this thread and wanted to say you to those HG Esquire+ supporters! We do appreciate it greatly!

Eclectic - yes you are correct in that we offer a 100% Quality satisfaction guarantee on all of HG Esquire+'s breedings. We are so confidant in the quality of his foals out of even average quality mares that we will offer such a guarantee.

HG Esquire+ cleans up legs and feet consistently while adding an exceptional hip and powerful rear end. He also almost always adds size to his foals whom for the most part are the largest in their classes regardless of age! He himself stands barefoot at 15.1 1/2hh. HG Esquire+ was just recently accepted as an American Warmblood Stallion and we are excited about the new attention he is getting outside of the breed. HG Esquire+ truly is a horse for everyone!

Kahlua_Twist ~ THANK YOU for your support and we would like to also encourage you to continue to consider HG Esquire+ for a future foal as well. His babies are all pretty awesome!!!

Here are 3 recent (September 08') photos of HG Esquire+ taken during the Warmblood Inspection where he received Silver Medal status (received '8' for his walk and and outstanding '9' for his trot) placing 2nd to the most awesome Westphailan stallion, Disconto. Please feel free to email us for more information.

Old 01-04-2009, 07:40 PM  
Weanling Member

I also failed to mention that HG Esquire+ has in fact sired Buckskin as well. Here is a photo of that foal which is located in Scottsdale, AZ.

He was the tallest/biggest foal at the mare owners farm and he was 3 months younger than the oldest .

Denise Gainey
Old 01-04-2009, 07:47 PM  
Weanling Member

I posted information earlier - hoping that it will show up later on but included a BIG THANK YOU to Eclectic and Kaluha_Twist for your HG Esquire+ support. He really is an outstanding Sport Horse and an even better Sport Horse sire .

Sabino Arabian Horse registered, AHA, and AWS also with plans to register with the PtHA this year.

Recently received 8's for his walk, and 9's for his trot during his Warmblood Inspection where he was approved as an American Warmblood Breeding stallion. A few photos from the inspection below:

Thanks again for the support! We do appreciate it greatly!~

Denise Gainey
http://gcarabian.blogspot.com/
Old 01-06-2009, 02:12 PM  
Weanling Member

And a short video of him at liberty from 2006 can be seen here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNXX7lh1UHo

Thanks again guys!

Denise Gainey
Old 01-07-2009, 07:52 PM  
Newborn Member

Hi guys, I'm a newbie here and have just stumbled across this thread.
While I don't have a dilute, I do have a very large, almost sabino Anglo Arabian gelding. His name is Lad, 8yo chestnut and he's a smidge under 17.3hh.

I figured I might post some pictures of him here, since there is talk about large Arabian derivatives..

Old 01-07-2009, 09:42 PM  
Greenbroke Member

First off, welcome and secondly, what a great big gorgeous guy you have there. Almost 17.3H, you say? WOW, I'd get a nosebleed being that high up .

"Ye've the look of a scoundrel! And a dandysprat and a ragamuffin. Though I'll admit, for all that, ye could yet be a congressman". From Jim Butcher's "Ghost Story"
Old 01-07-2009, 11:39 PM  
Newborn Member

Thanks
And yep, just under 17.3hh, I don't really notice the height difference anymore
Old 01-08-2009, 05:02 AM  
Weanling Member

Hi EpicEllie and welcome!

Really? Sticked at 17.3hh? How tall are you? You simply dont find non WB's that tall very often at all ...

And HG Esquire - you have a lovely stallion there by the way ... He is a beautiful example of his breed ...

www.TrueColoursFarm.com
Old 01-09-2009, 12:00 AM  
Newborn Member

He's a special boy, a lot of people always ask me what his warmblood lines are when we're out competing, the looks on their face are priceless when I tell them he's an Anglo!!
I'm about 5"10-ish
Old 01-09-2009, 07:56 PM  
Weanling Member

Talking Thank you

[quote=TrueColours;1508291]Hi EpicEllie and welcome!

Really? Sticked at 17.3hh? How tall are you? You simply dont find non WB's that tall very often at all ...

And HG Esquire - you have a lovely stallion there by the way ... He is a beautiful example of his breed ...[/quote]

TrueColours ~ thank you! HG Esquire+, aka simply 'E' is a pretty neat individual. He has absolutely done the breed well as it relates to the Open world and Breed recognition! We just received the below email from a gal with a E+ daughter who will turn 3 at the end of April. It was a forward of an email she received from her trainer

Quote:
Dear Lynn,

Was meaning to send you an email update. Thanks for reminding me. I have ridden your girl for two days now at the walk/trot and canter. She is doing well. I definitely think that she is a sport horse/hunter/dressage prospect rather than a western pleasure prospect. She has too much stride and go to do western, at least at this point in her life.

In any case, she is progressing and learning and I've only had one buck out of her undersaddle so far. Keep warm! Kriss
I had to chuckle at the above. I do not think E+ has sired anything BUT a Sport Horse/Dressage prospect to date Thanks again!

Denise Gainey
Old 01-09-2009, 07:58 PM  
Weanling Member

WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicEllie View Post
He's a special boy, a lot of people always ask me what his warmblood lines are when we're out competing, the looks on their face are priceless when I tell them he's an Anglo!!
I'm about 5"10-ish
EpicEllie - I must say - your boy is totally AWESOME!!! What a great cross he is!!!

Denise Gainey

Closed Thread

Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Breeding & Genetics