Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > General Horse Advice
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 09:53 AM  
Bombproof Member

How to size English riding Breeches?

It has been way, way too long since I've had to purchase riding breeches, I have forgotten how to gauge the correct size. I am not able to ride in jeans (for "personal" reasons...) the only thing that I do not get uncomfortable in is breeches. And I only have one pair, with no size tag, that are too big in the waist. They're passable for now, but they're white, and I still have to pin them in the waist area.

I am not planning on showing, so they don't need to be the most expensive ones, just for everyday wear, so good material though.

Are they measured to size by waist, length,...? I would buy used ones to save money, I'm a cheapskate anyway, but don't know where to look.

I can find it just fine on my own.....
Old 04-08-2005, 10:51 AM  
Coming two

Hey Misselle, The majority of ladies riding breeches are sized according to your waist(if you buy them from ebay or someplace make sure they are american made breeches, aussie and english measurements can differ greatly). They also come in two lengths regular and long, if you're over 5'7" tall you should get the long length. It's usually advised by most companies and myself too, to purchase one size larger than your waist. So if your waist measure 32" get a size 33. It gives you some "comfort" room. I'm a plus sized girl and I HATE ill-fitting breeches, hahahaha. I have a couple good stores bookmarked who sell riding apparel pretty cheap, if you'd like the web addys just let me know
Old 04-08-2005, 10:51 AM  
Coming two

Breeches are simple to size-- use your waist size And depending on how you want them to fit you can even go up or down one size. (So for example, if you're like me and a 28 waist, you can get a 26 if you want them pretty snug or a 30 if you want them more baggy and casual.) Also, if you're over 5'10", they usually suggest you order longs.

A good place to get a pair relatively inexpensively is Dover. They have a brand called On Course Cotton Naturals, and I'd suggest the pull-ons-- lots of stretch and support (they feel really good on), nice enough for small shows and around $35.

Lily

Closed Thread

Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > General Horse Advice