Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Health & Nutrition
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2006, 06:24 PM  
Kid Safe

Eye wash

Ever had one thing that made your horses incredibly happy in one grooming? I just had the neatest experience! We've had a LOT of blowing dust in the last couple of months, especially yesterday. Plus, smoky air. So, I bought some Eye Wash today and gave everyone some during their grooming session. I actually got loved on right after I did it for everyone! They were calm, they loved it, they wanted more! Well, except for the donkey... And, Prince was a little concerned the little white bottle was going to eat him!

I highly recommend it for everyone!

"Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it all... you just might get it all, and then some you don't want." Chris Daughtery

www.goatsandsoaps.com for all your Boer goat and bath soap needs.
Range is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 09:57 PM  
Bombproof Member

Send a message via MSN to beth55051 Send a message via Yahoo to beth55051
I'm glad you posted this. Reminded me about dust and poor baby eyes. It is extremely dusty here right now (last week we were swimming in mud). I came home today and my one day old fillies eyes were just about swollen shut from all of the dust, I think they were a bit sunburnt also. I put eye drops in her left eye which she fought me tooth and nail about, gave her a minute and then did the right eye, she stood like an angel. Poor baby they must have been so dry and sore! Then I did mom! She thanked me by not trying to kill me once she figured out what I was doing and that it felt good.

If at the end of the day, all you have left is your integrity and honor. Then hold your head up, because that's more than most have.
beth55051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 10:07 PM  
Weanling Member

What do you use and how do you use this? As beth said it is very dusty here.

Allie

Both a horse and a man have something in common, both dump you, though generally you get over the horse\'s dumping first.
QHJewel672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 06:55 AM  
Bombproof Member

Send a message via MSN to beth55051 Send a message via Yahoo to beth55051
You can either buy eye clear by Farnam or because I didn't have any I used Visine for dry eyes. I also keep contact saline solution around to flush out their eyes.

If at the end of the day, all you have left is your integrity and honor. Then hold your head up, because that's more than most have.
beth55051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:57 AM  
TDH
Seasoned

Okay, this is too weird, just an hour ago my Mom called me asking about her mare's eye; yesterday morning it was very swollen and teary, so she made an appointment for the vet to come out this morning... but then this morning she called to ask my opinion because it was now looking much better than it had. She was wondering if she should just cancel the appointment because it was looking so much better.

I told her that she probably could, but when she called in, to ask about an eye solution she could use for a few days just to make sure it goes back to being okay again. I'll have to tell her what you guys have said! I told her it sounded like maybe she got some dust or something in it....

Good timing on this thread!

Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Health & Nutrition