Horse Forum
Home Forum Home Search Horses for Sale Other ClassifiedsNEW! Post an Ad Help

Go Back   Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Tack, Apparel and Equipment
Note: Forum logins are completely separate
from your Horsetopia classifieds account or wishlist.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What color should I paint my trailer?
White 31 56.36%
Gold 1 1.82%
Silver 22 40.00%
Other 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2009, 06:34 AM  
Pasture Pet

What color should I paint my trailer?

I am having my trailer painted, hopefully this week or next, and I can't decide what color!

I definitely want a "neutral" color, and it gets hot here, so not a dark color. I am thinking white, gold or silver. What do you think? The vehicle I pull it with is gold, but it doesn't have to match, it is a lease so I won't have it that much longer anyway.

This is the trailer right now...
Carri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:39 AM  
Yearling Member

Are you going to leave it a two tone color or just all one color? Personally I'm not a big fan of just white, so I choose silver. I have a Trail-et trailer and mine is silver with blue and the top of the trailer is white - though the top is fiberglass - anyway my trailer stays very cool.
kehlyrsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:48 AM  
Pasture Pet

I am going to do it all one color, I am trying not to spend much and it adds a lot to the cost to do two colors. I would like a stripe or something, but can always add that later.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:55 AM  
Long Yearling

I voted for white.. If you go that route, later on, if you get a pernament rig you can add a stripe or trim to the trailer.. then you will match I also think the lighter the color the cooler the trailer..

Quality Peformance horses with foundation breeding
http://blackcanyonpaints.webs.com/
CowhorseGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:50 AM  
Coming two

I voted for white...doesn't show dirt/dust the way you'd think it would, stays cooler, and goes with just about anything...and can be accented later, if you wish.
candy4legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:12 AM  
Bombproof Member

I think white too I would also clean up the chrome (like the bug gaurd, window trim) get new chrome rims and that will look sharp.

BarnBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:27 AM  
Kid Safe

I voted for silver...the "coolest" (temperature wise) car I ever had was a silver color...it seemed to deflect the heat very well, and when it's dusty it will just look grey!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:51 AM  
Started

carri, i found a site online that sells the coolest graphics for cars, boats, trailers etc..they come in just about any length, color, shape or design...i ordered a pair for our old horse trailer we are going to be painting soon (i hope) i wasnt sure what color we were doing it in so i ordered the graphics in white with a black outline. i love them and i think they will really add a lot of character to the old heap.
since our pickup is red and silver, i am thinking of doing the trailer red at the bottom, with a white stripe in the middle and make the top portion silver or reverse the white and silver, then put the black and white graphics down the side on the red part, i think i ordered mine about 4 or 5 feet long so they should look very nice.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:56 AM  
Long Yearling

I too have hopes of gettin my trailer painted this summer, I will be going with white.... It is possible to buy pinstriping by the roll and I will accent it with that, as well as create an arrow to show me where the hitch is when I back in.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:56 AM  
Long Yearling

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailfinney View Post
carri, i found a site online that sells the coolest graphics for cars, boats, trailers etc..they come in just about any length, color, shape or design...i ordered a pair for our old horse trailer we are going to be painting soon (i hope) i wasnt sure what color we were doing it in so i ordered the graphics in white with a black outline. i love them and i think they will really add a lot of character to the old heap.
since our pickup is red and silver, i am thinking of doing the trailer red at the bottom, with a white stripe in the middle and make the top portion silver or reverse the white and silver, then put the black and white graphics down the side on the red part, i think i ordered mine about 4 or 5 feet long so they should look very nice.
Be a doll Gail, and give us the web site address!
Old 07-13-2009, 08:57 AM  
pvf
Bombproof Member

I vote silver it will show less dirt than pure white and its still light enough to help the trailer stay cool.

www.prairieviewfarms.net Raising Reg. Paints and Quarter horses
pvf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 09:03 AM  
Started

gramma sassy i am at work now but as soon as i get home i will find that site and post it..i might even be able to post a pic of my graphics if i can roll them out and get them to co-operate
Old 07-13-2009, 09:51 AM  
Started

I voted for white as it stays cool, looks good and you can add neat graphics. Here's a pic of our 3 horse Sooner slant. Mitzi's truck is dark silver so it matches the trailer because of the graphics.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:54 AM  
Coming two

I'm going to vote for all white and then you can add some gold pinstripes or customized lettering, etc. Can't wait to see the end result.
SheriK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:10 AM  
Bombproof Member

Send a message via Yahoo to cascy
Definetly white!!!

It hides dirt, and stays cool!

We made the mistake to paint our trailer silver and it is sssooo freakin HOT! I wish we would of went with white now
Old 07-13-2009, 11:21 AM  
Kid Safe

Are you pulling that thing with a minivan? How does that work for you?

I vote for white, with chrome all shined up!
Sonseeahray's_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:42 AM  
Started

Well Carri as of my voting I was the only other...I vote dirt colored kind of a sandy metallic thing my car is this color and let me tell you...No dirt showing at all then it can go with most vehicles as well.

As for your border...my hubby got me black barbed wire graphics from ebay... they came in every color and we did a single stripe around an F150 extended cab regular box for about $13.

Good luck and we expect finished pictures!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 11:58 AM  
TDH
Seasoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonseeahray's_girl View Post
Are you pulling that thing with a minivan? How does that work for you?

I vote for white, with chrome all shined up!
Ditto, and ditto!
Old 07-13-2009, 12:07 PM  
Pasture Pet

Yep, I am, and it works great! I can pull 6500 lbs with my minivan, and I don't even come close to that with this small trailer and a pony or two. I wouldn't take it on a long haul, or take 2 big horses an a trip, but for around town to lessons and back, it works great!
Old 07-13-2009, 06:48 PM  
Started

http://www.edecals.com/Merchant2/mer... t_Code=ACC508
heres the link to the decal place...the big horse trailer sized ones are listed under accent graphics

Horsetopia Forum > Horse Advice > Tack, Apparel and Equipment